That was a 4-day mid semester break for us, and we don’t know where to go. Thus we decided to head to Taiping.
It was almost a two and half hour drive from UTP to Taiping town.
1. Taiping Zoo: Believe me, touring zoo in the morning is WAAAAAAAY better than night safari really! A lot of animals. Great place to dating for couple as you can explore a lot things with your couple. Ice cream inside is overpriced. ><
2. Taiping Lake Garden: tranquil natural environment is the selling point. Nice place for self(napping on the bed of grass), family trip(picnic on the grassy green land), sports activities(jogging), couple date(swan boat and couple sampan is provided), maybe devotion time(sitting below the big shady tree). But seriously, not for swimming. We had a short ferry touring around the lake and it was amazing.
3. Taiping Town: There are museum, churches, statues for a small town which is very historical.
4. Larut Matang Food Court: Taiping Char Keuy Teow. I personally think fried fishball char kuey teow taste better. Searched for the most people visit and most busy stall. ITULAH DIA!
5. Pusat Penjaja Taiping: Chee CHeong Fan. Guess what? I thought this operate until 3pm and it closed down when i reached there at 12pm. too bad.
6. Restaurant Kakak: Kai Si Ho Fan. Reached there almost 12.30pm and it closed already == so sien. But i heard people saying this is not bad. But to comfort myself, hmm, i will say i can eat this in ipoh as well >< But please go on my behalf please!
7. Restaurant Air Kacang: Soya milk and popiah. Their soya is so popular that it is on newspaper! Their popiah quite satisfying. Not bad.
8. Bismillah Cendol and Ansari Cendol: Cendol whereby is super cheap!
Maps for the Location: http://goo.gl/maps/De79f
B Larut Matang Food Court
C Taiping Zoo
D Pusat Penjaja Taiping
E Restaurant Air Kacang
F Taiping Lake Garden
G Bismillah Cendol
H Restaurant Kakak
I Ansari Cendol