This restaurant was once featured in Groupon before, and something to make you jealous: We spent RM19 which worth of RM92.40 of lunch buffet here during the promotion! WHEEEEEE.
Here is the proof to make you even more jealous: http://www.groupon.my/deals/ipoh/hokkaido-japanese-cuisine/716199956
Alright. The highlights.
To me, a restaurant service including its staff’s initiation, staff’s attitude, pace of the service and the professionalism of the manager. The staff, as in waiters, are really friendly. They won’t frown even if you have a lot of request, they took the initiative to check the order for us, pour us green tea, refill green tea for us. Not only that, you won’t need to wait long even if there is queue for waiting the cuisine. Their service is fast.
Their architectural design of this restaurant, is romantic enough, simple and pretty. Suitable for family gathering, couple dating, friends party as well.
Varieties of sushi (I tasted all and because its buffet style wheeee):
- Shake (salmon)
- Shimi saba (pickled mackerel) (erm i find it weird taste, not my type haha)
- Ebi (cooked prawn)
- Maguro (tuna) (super recommend this omg)
- Hokkigai (surf clam)
- Tako (octopus)
- Ika (cuttlefish)
- Tamago (Japanese omelette)
- Shake mentai (salmon burn with spicy cod roe & mayo)
- Avocado ( i no like this also because fruits with sushi, really weird ><)
- Inari (sweet bean curd)
- Abura bozu (white tuna)
- Tobikko (flying fish roe)
- Kurage (seasoned jellyfish)
- Ebiko (prawn roe)
- Idako (seasoned baby octopus)
- Wakame (seasoned Japanese seaweed)
- Negitoro (minced tuna belly) (Y)
I will say, i recommend all tuna sushi, and i dont recommend fruit sushi.
Varieties of Temaki( tried all as well, but didn’t manage to finish the rice ><, shared among friends):
- Soft shell crab temaki (fried soft shell crab hand roll)
- California temaki (crab, omelette, avocado, with flying fish roe hand roll)
- Ebiten temaki (prawn tempura hand roll)
- Salmon salad temaki (salmon salad hand roll)
- Tobiko temaki (flying fish roe hand roll)
- Avacado temaki (avocado hand roll) ( avocado is a nono for me)
- Natto temaki (fermented soy bean hand roll)
- Negitoro temaki (minced tuna belly hand roll)
I will say, temaki is more filling, but it consists mostly the rice, so i recommend sushi hehe.